Tuesday 5 May 2015

What's got more energy (Part II)


So I promised to write about me going to Sam's kindy.

Sam was so happy to have me there.
He helped me pass around the props. 
He had lots of questions. So many that I encouraged him to ask me afterwards.
He liked me sitting at the table with his best friends.
We ate raw broccoli, carrots and snap peas. Yup.

As for the presentation - well, I did it. Yup, kept their attention for 45min! Yeah, I wound up my talk when the kids started yawning.

Maybe they didn't remember that oil was a form of energy. Maybe they couldn't explain why the sun had E=mc2 next to it. Maybe they won't understand why the motor related to energy. Maybe they won't remember why they should recycle. 

It doesn't matter. Sam's dad showed up. He gave us green balloons. 
And the kids remembered not to touch the power outlets. 

Job done.
---

Man what I'd give to be back in that room when the kids are singing and laughing during music. 
The world is so big to them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment