Monday 24 November 2014

I got worms

Before two weeks ago, Sam would not touch worms. 
He just would not. No matter how much I insisted.



We went camping with our best friends and their kids over that stinking hot 41'C weekend.  
The mums found worms out of the grass, by the tap. 
So they gave them to our children to play. 
And here they are, holding and talking about worms. 

Wow!

Unfortunately I was too busy screwing around trying to put up the tents and didn't notice how the mums did this. They made it look so easy. 

Not daring anyone. 
Not forcing anyone.
Just pick it up and talk about it. And let them choose to touch it or not.
I think that's how it goes. 

You can't brute force curiosity into young explorers (or anyone).  I learn this time and time again.

Did I mention we had spaghetti after that? The boys ate heaps.


I think the dishes were washed in the same water too. 
Camping is great for dads. And kids. Not great for sleep. Small price to pay.



No comments:

Post a Comment