Tuesday 18 November 2014

Kinda impatient

So Sam has been using a few new words I've been trying to teach him.

Sam was excited we were going camping.
Sam knew it was kind share with Jimmy.
Sam learnt that daddy can be impatient* with him. I'm working on that. So far, each time I ask him to forgive me, he does.

They are far from being in his vocab. But he is beginning to know what they mean. I give plenty of examples.

----------------
impatient*

So this evening, I parked the digital camera on the bed side table because Jimmy is having this moment with mummy, and I wanted to catch that on video.

Sam finishes his milk and I ask him to take the cups and put them on the bench. In doing so he knocks over the camera, and lands on the floor.

SAM!!!
I shout in distress.

Obviously knowing he did something that displeased me, he swings his arms as he calmly and light heartedly apologises, not knowing he is still holding cups with leftover milk in them

Sorry daddy.

SAM!!! Watch the milk!

The poor boy wanted to pee now. I know he did not need to pee. He wanted to get out of the situation. Who wouldn't.

I did find the balls to say sorry to Sam and how I was wrong to blame him. It didn't stick because he wanted to move on to read his bedtime story. Will try and talk to him more tomorrow. It's important for a man to know his shortcomings and to admit them.

----------------


One thing I have been patient about is coming up with ideas for a book to my boys.

Whenever I've had arguments with my dad, I've thought about writing down a series of notes, titled "this is not how you connect with your kids".  I never got to composing those works.

This could be different though.

There is a growing circle of people around me who just might support me to write this.
Assuming I only have boys, and that I might have more kids who are boys, or that I might not have any more kids, it will be called something simple like, "Be A Man".



Sort of like "Fakts" for those who watched Harvey Krumpet. But more fundamentally useful. 


Here's a fairly young bloke who have started to figure things out. Not bad for a 28 year old Alden.

Heck I'm still figuring that stuff out. 
2) I still find it natural (and easier!) to blame people for my screw ups.
3) I'm getting better at being on time but I do like to milk that last minute...
7) How to relax... Sigh.

The point here is - a lot of things in the book are by no means mastered by the author, but my hope is in the process of writing, the author has a better chance at mastery.





No comments:

Post a Comment