Monday 1 December 2014

"No I am not your children"

I had the most bizarre argument with Sam the other day.


As per our evening routine, I was reading a picture Bible to Sam. On this particular day, we read about Abraham. God had promised Abraham lots of descendants, as many as the stars in the sky.

I proceeded to ask whether I had any children. Sam paused. He didn't say anything.

So I said,

I do have children. You are one of my children, Sam.
No, I'm not! 
(what???) Yes, you are. And Jimmy is too.
But I go to kindy and Jimmy goes to Gymboree! I am not your children.
You can still go to kindy and Jimmy can still go to Gymboree, but you are both our children.
But I don't like to go to work. I go to kindy.
!!!




Baffled and not keen to confuse both of us even more, I called it for the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment