Sunday 26 October 2014

Here's to starting

There are so many excuses you can make for not doing what you said you would.

For a long time I chewed over writing a blog.

WHY would any bloke in their right mind (who is not a stay at home dad or a poor writer or unemployed) subject himself to this?

Here are all the reasons to NOT BLOG:

  1. It takes time. Time that a father of 2 boys does not have in great abundance.
  2. It takes commitment. I'm an ideas man, I start, get bored and I stop. Cricket, rowing, kung fu, guitar, dancing, investing... you get the picture.
  3. I'd rather go to sleep, read a book, go cave or play with my wife.
  4. I sit at a desk all day staring at a screen and that screws up my back enough already.
  5. You can go and have a good yarn to whoever you want to talk to!
Here are all the reasons TO BLOG:
  1. I feel like I'm connecting with someone out there
  2. To tell someone helps you reflect and collect your thoughts
  3. I have a crappy memory and it helps me remember things
  4. Writing helps me break out being brief and unintelligible (typical traits of an engineer so I've been told)
  5. To be able to go back on it some time later and say - hey, I've made progress on writing and opening up
  6. There must be other blokes out there who can't sleep, sick of books, who does not actually have a physical man cave yet and his wife does not want to play with him that night.
  7. There are blokes who don't want to open up and talk about stuff - may be they need to see someone else have a go first.
And that's why. 

So cheer to my mate at work, the Pope for getting me on this one, Challenge #2: start a blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment